Taxpol | Polskie Biuro Księgowe


Whenever you need help or financial support for yourself, your children or the entire family..

Benefits we deal with:

  • Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit
  • Child Benefit
  • Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit
  • Statutory Maternity Pay
  • Statutory Paternity Pay
  • Maternity Allowance
  • Sure Start Maternity Grant
IMPORTANT: We do not provide free benefit advice over the phone!

Useful information:

Working Tax Credit

Working Tax Credit is a form of financial help for those with low income and it is available both to employees and self-employed. To apply for Working Tax Credit you need to be aged over 25, work over 30 hours per week and earn no more than £12,800. Learn more – Working Tax Credit.

Child Tax Credit

Child Tax Credit is a benefit for families and individuals who have or are legally appointed guardians to at least one child. The amount you will get depends on the number of children and it is calculated based on the family’s total income. Child Tax Credit can be claimed both by working people and the unemployed, with no age limit. Every household with a combined income of less than £58,175 a year (or £ 66,350 if the child is less than 12 months old) can claim Child Tax Credit. Learn more – Child Tax Credit.

Child Benefit

Child Benefit is a family benefit. It is available to all those who have a child or have a parental responsibility for one. This benefit is not calculated based on parents’ or guardians’ income. The weekly amount of the benefit is fixed. In order to get Child Benefit you will need: a permanent National Insurance Number, Home Office (WRS) registration – unless you are self-employed, child’s birth certificate – it does not need to be translated into English. Learn more – Child Benefit

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit

Housing Benefit is a benefit meant to pay for a part, and in some cases even the whole of your rent. You can apply for it even if you only rent a room. Every person who pays Council Tax can also apply for Council Tax Benefit. This benefit is supposed to help you pay some or all of you Council Tax. Learn more – Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit

Statutory Maternity Pay

Statutory Maternity Pay is designed for all expecting women and it is paid by the employer for a maximum of 26 weeks of maternity leave. Learn more – Statutory Maternity Pay

Ordinary Statutory Paternity Pay

If your wife or partner has given birth or adopted a child you may be entitled to one or two weeks of paternal leave during which you can receive Ordinary Statutory Paternity Pay. Learn more – Paternity Pay

Maternity Allowance

Maternity Allowance is a benefit which can be claimed by women not entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay. You can claim Maternity Allowance as soon as you’ve been pregnant for 26 weeks. Payments can start 11 weeks before your baby is due. You cannot claim MA later than one day after your baby is born. If your baby is born early, you will start receiving your MA on the day following your baby’s birth. Learn more – Maternity Allowance

Sure Start Maternity Grant

Sure Start Maternity Grant is a benefit for new parents. It is a one off payment which you can receive shortly before or soon after the baby is born. Currently the amount is £500 per child regardless of family savings. Learn more – Sure Start Maternity Grant

More information

Benefits adviser – Benefits adviser
Czytaj po polsku – Benefity
More about Taxpol – About us
Our other services – Services
Our fees – Fees
Your reviews – Reviews
Contact us – Contact us